iTunes is a media player, a media library, and a mobile device management application created and developed by Apple Inc. It is used to play, download, and organize digital audio and video files on personal computers that run Microsoft Windows and OS X operating systems. The iTunes Store can also be found on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Via the iTunes Store, users can buy and download music, music videos, audio books, television episodes, movies, podcasts, and movie rentals in some countries and ringtones, accessible from the iPhone and iPod Touch (4th generation onwards). From the App Store, the application software for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch can be downloaded.
The most recent major version of iTunes is iTunes 12, available for Windows XP or later or OS X v10.7.5 or later. It was launched last October 16, 2014.
In order for you to download ITunes, all you would need is a computer or a mobile device with an Internet connection. You would also need an existing web browser program such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
The main benefit of an iTunes download is that it can be used almost on any device for entertainment purposes—whether it may be listening to music, watching the latest TV episodes, or downloading the most recent podcasts.
Found below are the steps and procedures as well as pictures to help you in your iTunes free download.
• Open a web browser program and go to the Google home page at www.google.com. For your Apple iTunes download, type “iTunes” and click on the “Apple – iTunes – Everything you need to be entertained.” search result. On the other hand, you can also go straight to www.apple.com/itunes.
• You have to note that there is no guarantee that the page will appear as it does on picture number 1.
• Once you have gotten into the site, you will see the itunes.com free download page as in picture number 2. Click on the “Download iTunes” link on the upper right side of the page.
• Afterwards, this page on picture number 3 will allow you to receive iTunes updates, news, and special offers and keep you up to date with Apple news, software updates, and the latest information on products and services. It is up to you to choose either or both before you download. Also, indicate your Email Address and Location. When you are done, click on the “Download Now” link.
• You will then be given an option as to where to save your iTunes set-up file. Choose the folder where you want to save your iTunes download for Windows 7 file then click on “Save.”
• Once you have saved the file, give it some time for it to download on your device. As soon as it has saved on your device, double click on the setup icon to continue your installation.
• Depending on your security settings, your computer will ask if you want to run the executable file. Just click on the “Run” link if it is available.
• You have to ensure that you are connected to the Internet all throughout your installation, since iTunes will guide you through the installation process of iTunes on your device. As soon as you are done, congratulations, you have downloaded iTunes successfully!
Applications can access the iTunes Library directly through the Mac OS X, giving access to the playlists and songs stored within. Music files from iTunes can be embedded directly into Pages documents and can provide the score for iMovie, Keynote, and iDVD productions. Moreover, any song exported from GarageBand, which is Apple’s basic music making application, is automatically added to the iTunes music library of a user. iTunes Artwork.saver is a screen saver included in the Mac OS X that depicts album artwork as a screen saver.
On the Windows platform, Adobe Photoshop Elements can connect to iTunes so that it can stream its photo library on Apple TV.
iTunes can also be scripted, utilizing AppleScript for OS X or using the Apple given SDK for iTunes on Windows, giving many other applications the freedom to integrate themselves into iTunes. A popular use is to manipulate tags through finding and replacing text, add text to the start or end of a tag, correct capitalization, and more.
iTunes also gives support to device plugins and visualizer plugins that provide developers the ability to develop music-driven visual displays. Free software development kits are also available for Windows and Mac and can be downloaded from Apple. Device plugins provide support for supplementary music player devices, but the APIs are only licensed to authentic OEMs who sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Apple Inc. also provides a free iOS application, Remote. Remote allows the user to control their Apple TV or iTunes library over DACP remotely. This can be downloaded from iTunes itself or directly from the iOS device from a user. It is only compatible, however, with iOS 7.0 and higher.